Almost everyone suffers from some kind of skin problem at some point in their lives. While we opt for various skin treatments like going to the dermatologist, taking medication, applying facial creams, and so on, the results are not what we expect. After the tried and tested means of prevention, some people eventually give up. Plus, we tend to spend a huge amount of money on remedies and medication or other such skin treatments. Leaving everything behind, the last thing left are the age-old home remedies which are not only cost-effective but also useful and show good results. While there are many home remedies for skin treatments, these are a few that can be used on a daily basis for youthful and healthy looking skin.
- Tea tree oil is a miracle! It is known to act as a natural source and is less harsh that benzoyl peroxide solution. A few drops of tea tree oil with about 20 to 40 drops of witch hazel can do the trick.
- Just like tea tree oil, Green Tea has antimicrobial and antioxidant compounds that can help fight acne. A cup of green tea as a face wash or just laying the bag over the affected area will work wonders to achieving healthy skin.
- Honey is also known to be a great option when it comes to selecting skin treatment home remedies. Its antibiotic properties can help improve acne, and offer skin that is spot free. Making a mask by mixing 1/2 cup of honey with one bowl of plain oatmeal and leaving it for about 30 minutes will help reduce acne marks.
- Mint is also known to improve skin, and acts like a pore-clogging oil. Creating a face pack with mint and other natural remedies can prove to be useful when used regularly.
- Another great option for a home remedy is chamomile. It helps decrease inflammation which has appeared from acne. The best way to use Chamomile is by combining content of a chamomile tea bag with enough water to form a paste, apply that to the affected area.
- Aloe Vera, also known for its burn relieving properties, can promote healing, fight infection, and even reduce scarring.
- Lemons is yet another pick from the home remedy basket which is a natural remedy to treat acne marks. It reduces the appearance of acne and scars, and also prevents new pimples from popping up.
- Apple Cider Vinegar contains malic and lactic acid which can exfoliate, reduce marks, and treat acne efficiently when used on a regular basis.
- Other acne home remedies include acidic foods like citrus fruit juice, or vinegar can flush pores.
While there are multiple other home remedy options available for various skin treatment options, these are some of the most used and opted for by many.