Neem oil is a vegetable oil which is extracted from the fruits of the neem tree. It comes in different colours such as bright red, golden yellow, yellow-brown, or dark brown. This oil is extremely beneficial to the skin, given below are some benefits of neem oil for skin care which are bound to surprise you:
1) Smoothens Wrinkles: Neem oil has natural properties which regenerate your immune system. There are pathogens under your skin layer, which this oil helps to fight. As a result, the skin is made free of wrinkles and appears smooth. Neem oil also similarly helps in reducing other signs of ageing.
2) Moisturizes Dry Skin: The Department of Biotechnology and Biochemistry at Kwame Nkrumah University has certified neem oil as rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and calcium which act as a catalyst to the process of the oil seeping into your skin and covering the cracks which are caused as a result of dryness, thereby also moisturizing it.
3) Reduces Eczema: The symptoms of eczema include itchiness and dryness of the skin, and neem oil has been a remedy for these since time immemorial. Though neem oil cannot cure the root causes of eczema which is caused to due various hereditary or acquired reasons, it helps phenomenally in doing away with eczema irritation and red rashes.
4) Prevents Acne: Neem seed oil has an aspirin-like compound which fights acne-causing bacteria. The fatty acids which are present in neem oil also help to do away with the scars which are caused by acne. But it does not stop at this; it also helps in reducing the redness of the skin, which is caused by extreme sun exposure or acne irritation.
5) Fights Fungal Infections: Neem has natural antifungal properties which that cure and prevent various fungal skin infections like ringworms, nail fungus and athletes foot. Gedunin and nimbidol are two compounds which are present in neem oil which have the ability to destroy the skin infection causing fungi. Other than this, it is now a proven fact that neem oil is effective in as much as 14 different cultures of fungi.
6) Reduces Hyper-pigmentation: Skin pigmentation is a major problem nowadays, with the growing population rates around us. Neem oil is a saviour, even in this case. It helps in clearing up the skin, thus making it more even-toned. The melanin production is slowed down by neem oil, which when secreted in higher amounts can lead to hyper-pigmentation. Regular application of neem oil results in beautiful and rejuvenated skin and zero pigmentation.
Now that you are enlightened about the amazing skincare benefits of neem oil for skin, try to do away with using chemical-based and heavily processed products on your skin and opt for the natural route instead. It would improve your skin health in more ways than you can imagine.